First mentioned in the year 876, the chapel Saint Saturnin located on the road to Villeneuve, was in the early Middle Ages, the heart of a small home of very old habitat. A place of pilgrimage, it was enriched by a carved chancel supported by an antique altar currently installed at the church of Saintes Hosties.
The building begun in the Romanesque period was remodeled and enlarged in the 14th century, in Gothic style. A lantern dome was built in the 17th century. Until the beginning of the 20th century a hermit lived in the chapel. The last, André Beffara, died in 1914. It was completely restored in late 1988, early 1989, thanks in particular to a public subscription. Excavations carried out on this occasion have revealed Visigothic tombs of the 7th and 8th century, visible behind the altar.