The village of Pézilla has developed around the cellera and an old Romanesque church of the eleventh century. At the end of the 19th century, the development of the cult of the Holy Hosts is at the origin of the building of the present church. On March 17, 1884, Eugène Eswald Parisian architect provides the plans. Several houses are bought and destroyed to allow construction.
In 1888, the Danish architect Petersen will take over. The plan, imitating Romanesque and Gothic processes offers a single vaulted nave, flanked by five side chapels. The heart forms a vast apse. Inside, 28 stained glass windows display a beautiful clarity. Each stained-glass window of the choir consists of two parts: an episode of the story of the Holy Hosts and above the iconography of a Saint often related to the first name of the donors.
The church is enriched by a series of works of art of a great variety: a Roman altar of the first century dedicated to Diana and Apollo who served for a long time baptismal font, a Visigothic chancel of the sixth century, 14th and 15th century goldsmiths, a font and 18th century Baroque statues, a small organ from the 19th century. It was inaugurated on April 3, 1893 on the occasion of the centenary of the Saintes Hosties.